What inspires me is my love for animation. Add to that being part of something where I have the chance to be a co-author, not just the voice of an already finalised character.
1. Where were you born and where have you lived?
I was born in Samokov where I lived until the age of 18. After that I moved to Sofia and I’ve been here for 10 years
2. Where have you studied?
I finished high school in Samokov in 2005. Then I studied Theatre acting and graduated from NATFA in 2009. I finished the courses for my Master’s degree in Arts Management, again in NAFTA, but I haven’t officially graduated (just between us – mostly because of laziness).
3. Where have you worked and where do you work now?
I’ve had a lot of different jobs – construction worker in high school, croupier in a casino, real estate photographer, singer in a piano bar, radio host of the morning show of FM+. I have been a freelance actor and singer since 2009. I dub films, participate in various projects as an actor, record as a studio musician, and I have my own music projects.
4. What is your involvement in the project?
I am something like a Voce talent consultant, plus I voice one of the brothers – Vlad. I am also doing everything I can to help – drawing people in, popularising the idea.
5. What inspired you to join and what motivates you to be part of the project?
First of all, my love for animation. In addition to that Eli and Mitko – fantastic, wonderful, positive, talented people. Their passion for the project absolutely got me! The rest of the team – it wasn’t very big then – but when I heard that Svetla Radivoeva is the Lead Designer, I was stunned. The project itself – enchanting, beautiful, magnetic, and most of all, BULGARIAN. Add to that being part of something where I have the chance to be a co-author, not just the voice of an already finalised character. I consider myself extremely lucky to be part of it all.
6. What is your favourite colour?
I don’t think I have one. It depends on my mood. :-)
7. Have you seen a Kuker before? What was it like?
This year it was the firts time I saw one in person. Actually a lot of them. First in Bansko on New Year’s Eve and then at “Surva” in Pernik. It was spectacular! And the variety was mindblowing. I didn’t realise there were so many different types of Kuker masks and costumes!
8. Which is your favourite place in the world?
9. What inspires you?
I’m inspired by people. Their creative passions and their ability to create opportunities for themselves and for people around! The wish to change the world they live in – one small step at a time, but tirelessly! I am also inspired by kindness. In one of his tennis matches, Grigor Dimitrov felt that the girl giving him a towel wasn’t feeling well, so he took her hand, took her to the shade and helped her recuperate. This made me more proud for being Bulgarian than all of his accomplishments did. I’m inspired by the natural beauty – the one in the small details, in the everyday things that go unnoticed, in the nature… I’m also inspired by the success stories of others – they make me believe in my own ability and in the fact that there is justice in the world!
10. What three magical powers do you possess?
- I am extremely organised and always find the time to do something more.
- I can sleep with my eyes open while somebody is talking about things I am not interested in. I literally switch myself off while at the same time I am nodding at the right moments, agreeing and even asking questions. And then I don’t remember a word! :-D
- I can speak reeeeally fast! :-)
11. What magical powers would you like to possess? What would you do with them?
I want to always be able to guess the results of sports games. I would win from betting and would finance all sorts of interesting projects and events!
12. Would you like to live in a magical world and which one?
I quite like our world, but the magic is a bit lost here! I wish people realised more often that everything that we have is not outs. We borrowed it form our kids and someday we’ll have to return it with interest.
13. If you find the Golden Apple, what would you do with it?
What could I do with it? Melt it for the gold… or donate it to a museum… or sell it to a private collector. Rumour has it that it has some magical properties but I have no idea whether this is true or not or what they might be…
14. If you could choose to be a character from the Golden Apple world, which one would you be?
Nobody gave me the choice but I was lucky to be one of the characters in The Golden Apple. Or rather his voice. Vlad’s voice. And I like him very much! Such a nice guy in every aspect! I hope to be able to express the richness of his emotions, thoughts and nuances of his character!